Saturday, May 4, 2013

Remember our old van?


This is the van I had to learn how to drive in on the narrow streets of Germany. I think there were 12 seats in it: 2 in the front and 10 in the back. One of my first times driving it by myself, I drove home from church and Dad followed me home in another car. He said I nearly gave him a heart attack the whole way home because I drove too close to the right side of the rode and almost hit several parked cars.

Also, I remember on a trip we made to Keukenhof in Holland (to see all the pretty tulips), there was a man who asked if he could buy our van. I think he wanted it for his band to travel around in.

Oh, and this picture was in the folder for Melanni and Murray's wedding, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Maybe Dad and Christian James are fixing something on the van?

Tschüß!


3 comments:

  1. Um, yes. This is the van I got to drive to work at Samurai Sam's in Colorado Springs. I also remember driving around looking at Christmas lights in this van. I think Alan might have even been with us one year? I can't believe you drove this thing in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh, I also just remembered that the driver side window stopped working for a while, so I had to open the door when I drove through the gate to get on base to show them my I.D. card.

    I don't remember Alan going to look at Christmas lights with us, but I do remember that he drove the van so that we could all go to Cove Fort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might have been Murray who was with us looking at Christmas lights...

    ReplyDelete