Monday, May 6, 2013

Cruella Deville


Mom has always had the creative juices in the family. As a kid I was always impressed with the costumes that she would pull together for Halloween. One year mom made a Captain Hook and Peter Pan costume from scratch! I couldn't wait 'till I was old enough to wear Captain Hook! It looked so authentic! One of my most memorable costumes was her infamous Cruella Deville ensemble. I remember her putting a lot of work into it. The most exciting part of the costume was when she had to do her hair. I remember thinking, "How in the world is she going to get her hair to look like that?" Somehow she got that hair to stick straight up! At the time, Collin was a baby (maybe 18 months old) and he already had a little dalmatian zip-up costume. I vaguely recollect mom commenting on how malicious she must have looked carrying her child around as a puppy when she was Cruella Deville! Something that I love about Mom is her ability to make projects like this sound so fun and exciting. This wasn't even my costume but I still wanted to be involved in making it! Whenever she would work on her costume she would go around the house singing, "Cruella Deville, Cruella Deville, If she doesn't scare you, No evil this willll....." I love Mom!

 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom can make anything! I loved all of the costumes she made, and I'm so glad you posted the one of her as Cruella DeVil! I never got to see that one (I must have been at BYU), but she looks amazing! I bet she had the best costume at the party.

    ReplyDelete