Monday, May 6, 2013

Alabama

Melanni, Jesse, Ariana 
I remember these pillow cases, even the texture and how they felt!
 

 I have a vivid memory of almost drowning in this pool during one of my swimming classes. At the time I was sure that I was going to die and no one would notice, but now I look back and I'm pretty sure I would have been just fine...I think my teacher would have noticed if I didn't come back up for air! We were playing Ring Around the Rosy in the pool and I lost grip on my neighbor's hands and I slid down the edge of the where the pool got a little deeper. I remember feeling totally panicked because I couldn't breathe and somone from my swimming class grabbed my hand and pulled me back to safety. It was the kid in the black shirt and yellow shorts (swim suit?). After that, she (he? I always remembered it being a girl, but I honestly cant tell by this picture) was my hero!

 I don't remember this particular trip to Dad's work, but I have always enjoyed going to his work and seeing the aircraft he flies. The shirt I'm wearing was one of my favorite shirts. I'm pretty sure I had school pictures taken in it after we moved to Panama.
 Mom always did such a good job of dressing us up and doing our hair! I remember roller skating around this house on the concrete. It was a good house for skates!
Did we call this lovely vehicle 'The Beast?' I think we did, but if I am remembering wrong, we should have! I remember the guy who came to buy this car from us was wearing a wife beater shirt and he had long hair. I was scared of him but fascinated at the same time. He was probably a really nice guy, but as a kid I was totally intimidated by his appearance!

1 comment:

  1. I remember those pillow cases, too. I think they were usually on Mom and Dad's bed because I remember Dad's feather pillow in one. I loved that feather pillow because it always felt nice and cool (and we lived in a lot of hot places). A feather from the pillow got stuck in my eye, and Mom and Dad helped get it out.

    ReplyDelete